Staying connected to employees and clients is essential for any small business owner. The best way to ensure reliable, secure communication is by installing a small business phone system in your office building. These systems are uniquely designed to provide businesses with the communication systems necessary for performing day-to-day job functions, such as customer service management and conference calling. There are many different types of available office phone systems for businesses, and depending on your specific need will help you determine the best solution for your office setup.
What Are Business Phone Systems?
Office phone systems are advanced calling networks that help improve communications across employees and clients for organizations of any size. Customized to your exact needs and specifications, these phone systems can be as advanced or as simple as your office demands dictate. Small business phone systems are not only an excellent way to maintain consistency and reliability for your business communications, they also come with advanced capabilities, including the following:
- Multiple Lines
- Automated Features
- Conference Calling
- On-Hold Music & Messaging
In addition to the features outlined above, office phone systems can provide businesses with more advanced capabilities depending on the specific system setup.
Types of Business Phone System Solutions in Washington, DC
There are four main types of phone system solutions available for small business owners, and each has its own set of advantages and capabilities. The following outlines some of the main features associated with each system type:
- Multi-Line Phone Systems: One of the most basic systems available, these phones are designed to have several lines run through one unit. Multi-line systems can have multiple configurations, including 2-line and 4-line systems that allow multiple employees to take or make calls simultaneously.
- VoIP Phone Systems: These phone systems rely on broadband internet connection to operate rather than traditional phone lines, enabling several advanced capabilities. Such advancements include easy installation and scalability, customized pricing, virtual receptionists, and call forwarding to employees’ cell phones using a mobile app. These systems can even connect with CRM software to securely log customer interactions.
- PBX Phone Systems: Perhaps the most flexible phone system, PBX phone systems operate on a private phone network, providing enhanced security for incoming and outgoing calls. Because these systems are independent of a traditional phone network, they bring improved reliability for business communications. Advanced features include call holding, extension routing, conference calling, and VoIP calls.
- Cloud Phone Systems: One of the most cost-effective and advanced communication methods, cloud phone systems process incoming and outgoing calls remotely at a low monthly fee. Hosted by either a PBX system or VoIP system, cloud phones provide several advantages to small businesses, including space savings, low maintenance, and easy scalability.
Small business owners seeking ideal telecommunications solutions for their employees should weigh their options with help from a knowledgeable provider to avoid over-spending on a more complex system than is necessary for their business needs.
Contact one of our customer support representatives and we’ll help you find the best solution for your needs. We also have solutions for medium-sized businesses and enterprises in the DC metro area.