ComTech Answers Your Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions about Managed IT Services, don’t worry, you’re not alone. Here are some questions we get asked often along with their answers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Managed IT Services?
Managed IT Services let you outsource specific IT operations to a specialized service provider, commonly known as a managed service provider or an MSP. Managed IT Services specifics vary from vendor to vendor; however, the primary responsibilities are network monitoring, management and problem resolution for your network and IT systems.
Why are Managed IT Services important?
All companies of all sizes in all industries have growing technology needs. In order to support an increasingly complex IT environment, it is important to partner with a company that employs experts to help you stay up and running, protected and profitable. Managed IT services provide companies with the professional resources to achieve just that. By outsourcing IT services, your business can save money on the cost of hiring an internal team; stay current on system updates; reduce downtime during IT failures; and protect against cybersecurity threats to your business.
What happens if we need extra tech help?
If an issue arises, help desk support is there for you during normal business hours and can keep your employees more productive thanks to decreased downtime following an IT failure.
Normal Business Hours: M-F 8-5
Contact: email@example.com or 301-670-1900 Option 1
What if there is an after hours or weekend emergency?
For emergency repairs, call 301-670-1900. You will be asked to leave a message with your callback number. Our on-call technician will contact you back shortly.
Response time is within 2 hours.
What Is VoIP?
VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol, more commonly known as internet-based phone service. Rather than relying on a local phone company for service, VoIP enables phone service through your internet connection. Ideal for those with strong internet service, this solution offers much lower rates than local phone companies along with improved reliability. ComTech provides VoIP setup and remote management so you can enjoy continuous phone use, even when issues arise.
What Does a Virtual CIO Do?
While an MSP will provide troubleshooting, repairs, and remote management over your IT systems, a virtual CIO provides more in-depth services. Virtual CIOs act as an organization’s chief information officer, assisting with IT strategy, budgeting, systems analysis, and aligning IT capabilities with long-term business goals. Through ComTech’s managed IT services, we can also provide your company with a vCIO to assist with planning, analysis, and overall strategy for your business’ long-term IT success.
Find out more about our vCIO offerings by Contacting ComTech today.
How can Managed IT Services help my company?
Managed IT services help businesses prevent costly downtime by proactively monitoring your network for issues and remediating them. Since your network is remotely monitored, your risk of viruses, breaches, and downtime decreases. The flat fee can also help you save hundreds or even thousands compared to the high cost of break/fix IT services or internal teams.
What Industries Does ComTech Serve?
In the digital age, IT services are essential for virtually every industry’s success. Our team of expert IT technicians has experience serving the following industries:
- Financial: Keep assets protected, gain continuous access to accounts, and stay profitable and productive with IT services designed specifically for your financial department or business.
- Medical: Protect patient records, keep equipment operational, and gain better management over essential systems within your health care facility.
- Legal: Stay connected to your team, keep records safe from cybersecurity threats, and prevent unnecessary downtime with IT services tailored to your law firm or legal department.
- Small Business: No matter what size your business may be, our team can provide you with the managed IT services you need to stay successful, profitable, and productive.
- BioTech IT: If your business is in the Biotech Industry and you want to comply with the latest regulations regarding clinical trial data and keep your client’s information safe, ComTech Biotech IT Services in Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC, can help.
- Nonprofits:Members of your nonprofit organization work day and night to achieve your goals. As they strive to accomplish your mission, they rely on a steady and stable data stream to operate efficiently and effectively. When your team can rely on their network, they can focus on providing service and support to the people who depend on your nonprofit.
- HVAC Companies : Data is the lifeblood of your HVAC company. You want to keep it flowing smoothly, like the air through the vents. That requires a dependable, well-designed IT network. Managed IT services help keep your office running efficiently so you stay organized to focus on providing the goods and services your customers depend on.