Small Business Guide to Managed IT in Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC
When you have a business to run, you don’t have time to tighten cybersecurity, plan for unexpected network failures, or manage software patches. Yet, these are fundamental aspects of owning a business in the modern age. Over the past decade, the demand for these services from an outsourced solution has grown tremendously. Handing IT management and maintenance responsibilities to a Managed Service Provider (MSP) grants even small organizations access to a knowledgeable IT department and its benefits.
If you’re a small business owner interested in managed IT, use this guide to help you get started. Then, contact ComTech a managed IT service provider in Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC.
Cost & Morale Benefits of Managed IT
For many businesses, the bottom line is the most significant contributing factor when making a decision. It’s a common misconception that outsourcing your technology needs is the more expensive option. In reality, managed IT is far more cost-effective because you avoid hiring and training your IT staff, maintaining on-site servers, or troubleshooting problems yourself.
You can even boost morale at your company by outsourcing your technology needs. After all, IT staff working at small-to-midsize businesses face the unrealistic expectation of offering the same features as the IT departments at Fortune 500 companies. This increases stress and frustration for any in-house IT staff, leading to high turnover rates and more overhead costs for you.
Save money and avoid headaches with managed IT services from ComTech Call us at 301-670-1900 today to get started.
Managed IT Solutions
While many larger businesses have the means to build an in-house IT department, your small-to-midsize business may lack such resources. As a result, you may be tempted to push your tech needs aside, which places your business at unnecessary risk. Instead of leaving your needs unmet, tap into an array of traditional and advanced managed IT solutions from ComTech.
- Data backup and management: in a data breach scenario or on-site disaster, such as a fire, a data backup system serves as a fast, reliable recovery method.
- Incident and problem management with 24/7 help desk support: the ability to contact an IT professional for troubleshooting assistance 24 hours a day is critically important for restoring normal service as soon as possible.
- System administration: when employed correctly, system administration optimizes your designated technology infrastructure, allowing IT staff to focus on key strategic areas within your organization.
- Patch management: having a team to help you test and roll out timely software updates prevents delaying important security updates and ensures the new patch doesn’t adversely affect the end-user.
- Enhanced monitoring: this solution allows us to actively monitor and report status updates 24/7. The goal is to identify and correct developing issues before they escalate into full-blown incidents.
- Service management: with a robust reporting, notification, and communication platform at your disposal, you benefit from real-time visibility of your covered systems and can track the life cycle of each incident or service ticket.
These days, having a secure business goes far beyond locking the front door. Cyber criminals are out to install malware, infect your network with viruses, and steal sensitive data. Advanced managed IT services can help you proactively avoid cyber security threats to protect your business from malicious attacks. Here’s how:
- Your vCIO can help you develop techniques to mitigate the risk of a cyber security attack.
- You can store data on a remote backup system to reduce your losses in the event of a breach.
- Your MSP can routinely install and update security patches to reduce vulnerabilities.
- You can call the IT help desk 24 hours a day for immediate assistance and answers to your questions.
Cyber security threats aren’t going away anytime soon. Contact ComTech for help boosting your network safety.
The Cloud is today’s dominant digital data storage method. If your business hasn’t switched to Cloud computing yet, chances are you will soon. Partnering with a managed IT provider is the best way to identify which Cloud service is best for you.
Considerations of Cloud Computing
For some business owners, switching from on-site data storage to Cloud computing is an easy choice, while others may hesitate. Familiarize yourself with the pros and cons before you make the switch.
- Accessibility: with an internet connection and web-enabled device, you can access Cloud-stored data anytime, anywhere.
- Cost-effectiveness: for small-to-midsize businesses, Cloud computing can be 40 times more affordable than traditional in-house servers and data centers.
- Improved disaster recovery: thanks to network backups, hardware failures don’t lead to permanent data loss.
- Security concerns: protection against data breaches is a top concern for many business owners. Choose a Cloud computing provider with a proven track record, and you have no need to fear. In fact, many IT experts believe that trusted Cloud storage offers better security than in-house data centers.
- Limited control: when you move to the Cloud, you have less control over your back-end hosting infrastructure. However, some businesses see this as a benefit because it removes some of your responsibility.
- Possible downtime: cloud computing relies on the internet, so a disrupted connection could lead to possible downtime. This is another reason to choose a reliable managed IT provider known for having minimal outages.
Storage is one of the most widely used Cloud services. It provides a cost-effective strategy for archiving data and provides a fast path to disaster recovery. Data storage is available in three primary forms:
- Software as a Service (SaaS) is available over the internet via a third-party. Expect application licensing, email, hosted communications, and real-time Cloud storage access.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) is a combination of hardware and software tools available over the internet.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) is a Cloud-based, pay-as-you-go service for data storage, networking, and virtualization.
Moving data is one hurdle that causes hesitation among some small-to-midsize business owners. Several third-party tools are available to help with this, but they invariably require customizations, and some legacy systems are simply not “Cloud ready”. Fortunately, ComTech Systems can help you make the transition quickly and smoothly, saving time and money compared to attempting the data migration yourself. You’ll also enjoy ongoing tech support as you become accustomed to the new Cloud platform.
Ready to migrate your company’s data to the Cloud? We can help you get started.
Virtual CIO Services
Your managed IT package comes with the optional inclusion of a Virtual Chief Information Officer (vCIO). Unlike other “virtual” solutions, a vCIO is an actual person, not a platform or program. This solution offers the same benefits as having a full-time CIO on your payroll without the expense. You enjoy a predictable, fixed monthly cost from your MSP while having access to this technical expert at any time.
Your vCIO can help you:
- Analyze your current IT environment
- Mitigate the risk of unexpected IT expenses
- Determine your software and hardware needs
- Ensure timely software updates and license renewals
- Address cybersecurity threats, disaster recovery, and compliance requirements
To learn how our vCIO services can help make your business faster, safer, and more competitive, please Contact us today.
Why Choose ComTech for Managed IT?
improve your bottom line.
ComTech For Your Managed IT Support
Located in Gaithersburg, Maryland, our team proudly services Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC business owners. We’ve helped countless businesses access the tech support they need to be successful in the digital age. With our customized solutions designed to support sustainable scalability and uninterrupted service, your company will have the competitive edge it needs to remain successful and relevant. Find out how ComTech can help your business with managed IT solutions today!
ComTech proudly serves Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC business owners, providing them with the managed IT services they need to be successful. Serving a wide range of industries, our IT professionals understand how high-functioning technology impacts your business performance.
Let our team give you the support you need when you need it most by Contacting us about our managed IT and corporate Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Business Solutions today!